This Church was completely rebuilt in 1702, in the Baroque style of the Alps, replacing the previous church which stood in its place since the 15th Century. The Church is dedicated to St Nicolas, saint patron of the traders, sailors and children.
The steeple, which was destroyed during the French revolution and was entirely rebuilt in 1828, is remarkable for its stainless steel facing. Inside the Church, the 18th century retable in polychromatic wood was restored by the Beaux Arts in 1970. Both the steeple and the retable are designated historical monuments.
Guided individual tours
Unguided group tours
Guided group tours
Unguided individual tours
Rates and schedule
Throughout the year : open daily.
The Médonnet Chapel
The Médonnet Chapel, erected in 1637 and dedicated to St François and Notre-Dame, served as a refuge for the villagers against the wolves that roamed wild in the local area.